We purchased coverage with a new home in July, 2015.Had a claim December, 2015.

It took 2 assigned contractors to final get a call back. The contractor they sent misdiagnosed problem (leak in water heater), said he fixed toilet ("Just me, It wont leak again, I was leaking again while he was still in driveway), garbage disposal never repaired (or replaced). Said they would dispatch another contractor then, sent the same guy. Finally, we had our builder come out and access the problems, they gave us the run around for another week.

Then said we wont pay for water heater leak, yet never fixed the toilet or garbage disposal. When had to pay another contractor ( an actual PLUMBER, who knew what he was doing). It cost us $1,500 and Select Home Warranty said they would refund our premiums and the expenses paid to their original shottie contractor. That was January.

March 9th, we followed up, were told our check had been issued and mailed; allow up to 14 days. Its now April, a month later and we still haven't received anything. We tried to be fair and patient but at NO point did they do what they were contracted to do. Then sent terrible contractors out, gave us the run around, still never paid.

At every point, we provided documentation and substantiation for claim.I can not believe there is any honesty in the company or their employees.

This reviewer shared experience about "dishonest management and employees" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $3200. The author is overall dissatisfied with Select Home Warranty. The most disappointing about select home warranty water heater warranty from Select Home Warranty was very dishonest, run around and company period Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Select Home Warranty.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare Select Home Warranty to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Select Home Warranty?

Comments

Lafayette, Georgia, United States #1180107

Report them to the Better Business Bureau in your state and the state where their headquarters is located