Reply by Select Home Warranty

Customers claim was originally denied due to freon leak. Customer was informed that we can offer
a courtesy approval towards repairs if they can supply us with the requested maintenance records.
Customer informed us that the unit was never serviced. Customers claim was denied.

Customer has been serviced in accordance to their signed and accepted warranty agreement.
Author's

- I called them because one of our AC units was leaking into the bathroom below it.

- The technician that they put me in contact with never called me and when I called them it always went directly to their voicemail (cell phone)

- They allowed me to have another contractor come look at it who found that they coil was rusty and that there was a small freon leak.

- They denied the claim based on the presence of rust and a freon leak.

- The machine was serviced by a certified technician a year ago and was checked out as being in great shape.

- They told me that I needed to have done more maintenance on the unit but didn't explain what that was other than having it inspected once a year.

After being denied I did receive a call from them after they saw my negative review on another site and they offered me $200 toward the $4600 replacement.

I provided almost 10 years of all service records as well as documentation showing that unit was thoroughly evaluated a year ago by a second party showing and none of the issues that resulted in needing a new system were present at time of that inspection. Of course all of this was not enough for them. Even if they would have taken them the most they were willing to pay out was $2000 which is obviously low considering that the system that we had replaced was a tiny one and it cost $4600 for the most basic equipment.

Please look at someone else for your warranty needs. This company will make you jump through hoop after hoop just to shoot you down and not call you back. After sending them the precvisouly mentioned documentation I called them back after almost 24 hours to find that the person helping me hadn't even seen what I had sent. He told me that he would call me back in 30 minutes which didn't happen. I called him back a day later and left a message that was returned 4 hours after I left it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Select Home Warranty Air Conditioner Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: That i never have to deal with them again.

I didn't like: Very dishonest, Will not repair items.