Reply by Select Home Warranty

The customers claim was approved for replacemnet per section 8.3 of their
warranty agreement.
Author's

Bought my warranty with Select Home Warranty in Jan. 2016.

Didn't use it until Sept. 2016 for my washer. First never heard from Tech so I called him. Select had my phone number wrong.

Tech came out and checked my washer and sent info to Select. They sent us an email stating that the problem was not covered under the warranty but they would send us $100 when we bought a new one. Then in Jan. 2017 my heat went out.

Contacted Select and was given a name of a company. A Tech came out, looked at my heating system and said they would send info about repairs to Select Home. Waited a few days and called Select Home. They claimed they had not heard from the repair company.

Seven days later I call the repair company and was told they sent an email the morning after the Tech was here. So one week to the day Select Home sends me an email stating they need maintenance paper work and pictures of my unit that is in my attic. I call them and they say they will not pay the $300+ estimate to repair my heat. Finally after going around and around with them I decide to cancel my warranty with Select Home.

I am transferred to their Cancellation Dept. where I am told that after only having my 2yr. $699.99 warranty for 11months that my refund would be $125. I'll admit that I didn't read the entire policy, so I didn't know about the $75 cancellation fee so I accepted the price of $125 for my refund.

I was told I could expect it within 30 days. Got an email confirming the refund timeline. After not receiving my refund after 30 days I contacted them and their response was it was mailed and I should receive it in "a couple of days". That was on Mon.

Feb. 27. The check arrived on Mar. 3 and was postmarked Mar.

1st. The date on the check is Jan. 31, 2017 and was only for $61. I called and I was told that that was the amount I was told I would receive.

Lies all lies. The person even mentioned they took out $100 because they paid a Tech for my washer. What is the payment for that I pay when they come out if they are paying them also? This is the WORST COMPANY EVER!

The biggest reason I chose them is because they were listed as a Top 10 Home Warranty Company by reviews. But, after reading these reviews, I believe that it is a scam. There will be 1 or 2 really bad reviews and then there will be a 5 star review.

Seems suspicious to me. DO NOT WASTE UOUR MONEY WITH SELECT HOME WARRANTY!!!!

Review about: Select Home Warranty Home Warranty.