1.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

4/25/2017 SCAM !!SCAM !!

BIG SCAM !! I needed to use their service 2 times and both times they were unable to provide service in time. Plus second time they are denying. Worst warranty company you can expect ever.

I had 3 different companies so far for my home warranty and this is worst of all. I bought a warranty for $354 in March-2016 with 2 addional months free as they advertise. In May-2016 My AC went down with bad capacitor. In the month of May the temperature is above 95 degree in Florida.

I opened a claim on Thursday and couldn't get contractor until Satruday and those contractors did not work in the weekend. So I called SHW and they said get your own contractor and they will reimburse with receipt and all. So I did and paid $200 to with receipt to some local AC repair company and then submitted reimbursement form. Image attached of their email where they say reimbursement form.

After a month and about 5 calls finally I got the check. Now April-2017, one month left of my coverage of 12+2 months my AC went down again (the other Unit). I paid additional for other unit. First they declined my claim saying you already released us by signing the form back in June last year.

So apparently the reimbursement form is the release form. (Language in that form is so technical that no one would understand and of course you would not hire lawyer to read the remibursement form). Please see their email below. Then I said this is the other unit and their reply was again you already used $155 allowed allowences accrording to 10.1/ Where their 10.1 is just not clear.

They do not ever read the contract right. My AC went down which had $500 allowed replacement/repair. See below. My quetions was to them was so I paid $354 and you only covered $155 for me and your job is done?

Such a big scam. Meanwhile my family was in 90 degree heat for 4 days in Florida. I really need my money back on these guys. RE: Your claim Resolution- SHW####689 Reply| Yesterday, 9:36 PM You; claims@selecthomewarranty.com Sent Items Hello, Are you even reading the contract right?

Here is the 10.1 from my contract. Where does it say $150 and it ends the coverage? It says first 3 months only 150 is covered and then it extend to $2000 and it is the cooling AC system that needed to be fixed. You guys are just trying to welcome big lawsuit.

First of all by the name of reimbursement form you guys had me send you refund form. In the email from select it says following is the reimbursement form and apparently it was not. 10.1 Dimensions, Brand and Color, Limits. Select will not be responsible for matching a system or appliances color, brand, or dimensions and only is responsible for repairing and/or replacing systems or appliances of similar capacity and efficiency.

The following guidelines will be implemented to provide a repair/replacement allowance. For heating or cooling equipment (hvac), in the first three months of coverage a $500 repair/replacement allowance will be paid to the customer. This repair/replacement allowance will increase to $2000 after the first three months of coverage. For appliances, plumbing and electrical (non- heating or cooling) in the first three months a $150 repair/replacement allowance will be paid to the customer.

This repair/replacement allowance will increase to $500 after the first three months of coverage. For additional coverage options in the first three months a $150 repair/replacement allowance will be paid to the customer. This repair/replacement allowance will increase to $400 after the first three months of coverage. In the event a part is not available, Select's responsibility is to reimburse for the value of the part up to the policy limits.

If Freon coverage is selected as an option the limit is $150 for the first 3 months of coverage and $250 for the remainder of the contract. Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device -------- Original message -------- From: info@selecthomewarranty.com Date: 4/24/17 3:49 PM (GMT-05:00) To: @hotmail.com Subject: Your claim Resolution- SHW###4689 SelectHomeWarranty Policy Holder: P PATEL Policy # SHW####689 Claim #155736 Dear P PATEL, We have processed your claim for policy #SHW####689. After a Review concerning the specific issue with your claim, we have determined that your Policy "Does" Cover this Item, However you have Already Used the Available Cap for this Category of Repair. The Maximum Available Cap is $150.00, for which your Previous Claim has Already Used.

This is Stated in Section 10.1 of your contract. * For Appliances, Plumbing and Electrical (Non-Heating or Cooling). Within the First Three Months of Coverage A $150 Repair/Replacement Allowance will be Paid to the Customer.

Should you have any questions you may reply to this email, we are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have.Thank you, Resolution Team Select Home Warranty

Review about: Select Home Warranty Air Conditioner Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Cheat, Lie cheat and steal, Lack of clarity in plan coverage.

Comments

Sun City, Arizona, United States #1326633

Did you ever get a resolution for your issue? I am having the same issue right now with 10.1