What Their Customers Are Saying

?

All testimonials are provided and verified by Select Home Warranty. Verified testimonials on PissedConsumer is a paid feature of the platform.

Salesman

Select Home Warranty
I am bad about names but, the salesman was very knowledgeable and customer oriented. I went with the 5 year plan and added another property. Time will tell if the company is as good as he claims,

Select Home warranty

Select Home Warranty
I received a call from your representative. He was very thorough in explaining your product. I asked several questions about competitors and he was able to explain all the differences. I was a bit skeptical, but he gave what I considered to be positive information on the coverage. I hope it is all he says! I gave a 3 in that area only because I don’t know yet.

New enrollment

Select Home Warranty
I was looking for a home warranty, have shop all companies but only found select home waranty has the best and affordable plans.
map-marker Flower Mound, Texas

Extremely Poor Customer Service

I purchased this appliance coverage in November 2023. Since then I made a call to "Repair or Replace" my dishwasher. I was told they could not Repair or Replace because it was to old. In their initial advertisement clearly states they would replace. Their customer service told me the same thing. Now that they have my $525 their story has changed. On five occasions they said they would send me my money, to date absolutely nothing. This is a huge SCAM and I merely want my money back.

User's recommendation: This company is a huge SCAM, stay clear.

Michel G Iei

Claim 0294****

Over three weeks now and no one has showed up. I want all my money back and I fix it myself.. If I get no answer, I will involve the district attorney and chamber of commerce.

User's recommendation: Stay away

Kasia Rky

| map-marker Longview, Texas

No one has called regarding service on my air conditioner. It used to take 1 day to get info about the service technician. It's taken 3 days.

Select Home Warranty's reply to: Customer Service is horrible rude and disrespectful and I have made so many calls and texts and I have not resolved the issue with my appliance

A claim was filed for the consumers stove issue. A technician has been hired and dispatched to the consumers home for diagnosis. Once a diagnosis is received we will review and provide the consumer with a claim determination.
We have also reviewed the consumers account. The consumer stated that they spoke with a representative by the name of Brian. However, according to our logs there is no representative working at Select Home Warranty by the name of Brian.
Ave Udz

| map-marker Glendale, Arizona

I called about my stove top and the Customer Service named Brian was rude and disrespectful and I called more than 10 to get a supervisor and explained my situation I had a event to catering for the super bowl and I missed out on alot of money because no had any customer service skills and no common sense

User's recommendation: Don't do it

Select Home Warranty's reply to: This company refuses to Repair or Replace my Dishwasher

All of the customers claim determinations were made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced accordingly.
Jack O Ybv

| map-marker Flower Mound, Texas

This company refuses to Repair or Replace my Dishwasher

I called this company to repair my in home dishwasher. There was no follow on the repair, I knew then I was in trouble.

After calling and sending several emails I spoke to a lady saying they would give me a check for $100. My service fee was $90.

All I am asking for is Select Home Service Repair or Replace my dishwasher and give me my payment of $525. A new dishwasher for my home is in the neighborhood $800 - $1000.

After proving to me this is a company that is giving me the run around, bait and switch and their failure to perform.

User's recommendation: Future customers, please think twice before using this company. For me I keep getting the run around.

Select Home Warranty's reply to: UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES

The consumers claim determination was made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced accordingly.
James M Gun

| map-marker Riverside, California

UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES

Updated by user Mar 07, 2024

I contacted Select. They are unwilling to bend because that would force them to become creative and come up with another reason to deny the claim.

Original review Feb 06, 2024

We bought a home in December of 2022. We had a home inspection completed that showed no heater issues prior to the sale.

We immediately purchased a HVAC maintenance plan for the home, having 2 inspection done over the course of the year (1 A/C and 1 Heat). During the heater inspection, it was noted that the bearings were starting to fail. We filed a claim with Select.

Select asked for pictures and maintenance records, which we were happy to send them. Now they are limiting the payout to $150 (on a $900 bill) because we only provided 1 year of maintenance records when they require 3 years.

Select tells me that I should have demanded maintenance records from the seller. The problem is that we didn't meet the sellers and they moved out of the country.DO NOT PURCHASE A PLAN FROM THE THIEVES AT SELECT HOME WARRANTY!

Select Home Warranty's reply to: Nothing is covered

Sheba G Hwi

Nothing is covered

Custom service is a joke. They don't cover anything..

They don't notify you with anything when they make a decision.

You have to call them several times to find out anything.

My last claim was for my washer "$1500 washer" we purchased 2 years ago.

They said it was not cost effective to repair, so they were authorizing replacement. For me to go buy a new one and send them the invoice and they will reimburse me $185 of the purchase price.

This company is a joke

User's recommendation: Go with another company

Select Home Warranty's reply to: Lying thieves

All of the consumers claim determinations were made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced and refunded according to their warranty terms and conditions.
Gabina R

Lying thieves

They rob people of their money when you call them for help they have a script of lies to tell you. Please do not do business with these people.

Youll end up flustered and irritated and waste a lot of your time. Dont waste your time with this company! It was one of the worst customer service experiences Ive had.. and drag their feet when it comes time to fix things.

And when you get tired of it and cancel, they only will return a small percentages of the premiums of months that you already paid for. Definitely a consumer fraud situation

Loss:
Cons:
  • No service providers want to work with them

Preferred solution: My reimbursement money for my 4 claims and a full refund for the reminder of the time I’ve payed in advance and refund for my second policy.

User's recommendation: Do not use this company. Scammer alert

Select Home Warranty's reply to: Cancel my policy

BRENDA V Aiq

Cancel my policy

NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR COMPANY. I FILED A CLAIM BECAUSE MY AC WASN'T WORKING PROPERLY, THEY SENT OUT A TECHNICIAN OUT TO CHECK IT OUT,HE INFORMED ME THAT IT WAS FROZE UP AND HE WOULD COME BACK THE NEXT DAY,HE DIDN'T COME BACK OR CALL,I KEPT CALLING AND COULD;NT REACH HIM, CALLE SELECT AND COMPLAINED ABOUT IT SEVERAL TIMES, THIS STARTED ON 11/O8 23 AND NO AC AND THIS WENT ON TIL 11/17/23, THENI GOT AN EMAIL SAYING THEY WOULDN'T COVER AC BECUSE IT WAS A FREON LEAK, THE TECH DIDN'T MENTION THAT TO ME THE DAY HE SHOWED UP.

WE ARE ELDERLY PEOPLEI LIVING IN S.

FL.. I HAD TO CALL AN AC COMPA.NY HERE AN HAVE TO PAY 6000.00 FOR A NEW UNIT.

Preferred solution: Full refund

Select Home Warranty's reply to: Will not honor the policy they issued me!

Featured
Leah L Uka

| map-marker Mahwah, New Jersey

Will not honor the policy they issued me!

Select Home Warranty - Will not honor the policy they issued me!
Explore video interviews
Select Home Warranty - Will not honor the policy they issued me! - Image 2
Updated by user Nov 30, 2023

They are still trying to honor a contract they did not send menor mention until after the claim was initiated.

Original review Oct 26, 2023

On 8/22, I filed a claim to have my pool serviced. 8/23, I received an email stating that they were still trying to find a technician.

On 8/24, I was informed, by email, that I needed to find my own contractor. It gave details regarding a pre set Authorization limit of $100 for repairs. I had a contractor come out on 9/7. An update to the claim was submitted to Select.

I was called by the contractor and informed of the dollar amount to repair and the amount they are willing to pay. I called Select and they directed me to section 10.1 of my policy. They claim that my policy states that because I am still within the first 90 days I am only entitled to $150. My policy states no such thing!

I have read my policy, that they emailed to me on 6/8, to two reps and a supervisor. They are still not trying to honor my contract. The first rep tried to send me an updated contract. That is illegal and unacceptable!

The cost to repair/replace my pump is $629. I paid for my policy, in full 4/22/2023. They do not get to switch my policy after I submit a claim!Mr. Wilson sent an email with his contact information on 9/13.

I called him and as instructed did not leave a voicemail. I sent him an email letting him know that I called. I reached out to him again, this evening around 6pm, to discuss my issue since I had not received a call back.

Mr. Wilson received the complaint from the BBB and asked how could he assist.

We began to discuss the issue. He, as the other reps, pointed me to section 10.1 of my contract. Our 10.1s do not read the same. He stated that he needed to send me the correct contract.

The contract that I have was for policies initiated 6/1. I pointed him to Section 1 of the policy that reads the following:

1. Binding Agreement.

This Agreement is a legally binding document between You and Select. This Agreement constitutes the entire and only Agreement between You and Select.

This Agreement supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties, and understandings between You and Select. This Agreement provides for home service contract services only and should not be confused with an insurance contract. Your home service contract remains with the Covered Property and cannot be transferred to a different home except as provided under the Transfer of Agreement section below. This Agreement covers household appliances and systems when they become inoperable due to normal wear and tear.

This Agreement sets forth all of the household appliances and systems covered under this Agreement and the specific items that are excluded from coverage. In the event an appliance or system is not mentioned in this Agreement, it will not be covered under this Agreement. Please read the entire Agreement before retaining the services of Select.

While I attempted to read this to him, he rudely cut me off to tell me to submit my $150 claim for reimbursement. I again tried to point out that this contract is legally binding.

He stated that the correct contract was sent to me after my purchase in April and for me to check my spam. I informed him that I had done that in June which prompted my call. I advised him to pull the call that I made in June. In the call I expressed my unhappiness with not even receiving a receipt for my purchase.

I had to check my bank statement and got the phone number. I was sent the contract after that call.

My pool claim is not the first claim that I've initiated. I have a total of three; one was denied, one just required the service fee and the this one that requires a repair. When speaking to a rep about the repair, it was not explained about this 3 month $150 cap.

I was informed that freon was not covered.

While informing Mr. Wilson that I was going to update the BBB and seek legal counsel, the call ended. I assumed he hung up. He called back because he said he didn't want me to think that he hung up.

I informed him that that was exactly what I thought.

Shortly after, the call dropped again with no callback.

This is a sad occurrence for a company to feel it is okay to switch a contract after the fact. I purchased a policy not a loaf of bread that can be switched out because the cashier but it in the bag with the milk and it got crushed.

Loss:

Preferred solution: The cost of repairs for my pool covered!

User's recommendation: Not worth the discounts!

Select Home Warranty's reply to: NO Contract, Requested Refund - Denied; Claims - nothing done

AG G Gln

NO Contract, Requested Refund - Denied; Claims - nothing done

Select Home Warranty - NO Contract, Requested Refund - Denied; Claims - nothing done

I have spent months trying to get a copy of the contract and requesting a refund - NOTHING!! I tried filing claims when 2 issues came up.

I was able to get a small portion of the contract but not all of it and ONLY after filing a claim. After more than a week, no technician arrived, no claim has been satisfied. I had to replace and install my own dishwasher - a difficult feat considering I am mobility challenged with limited arm use. The guidelines state that a tech will be assigned and at our home withing 48 hours from claim submission.

I started at the first of July for the dishwasher - NOTHING by 8/1. The spa claim rendered nothing. Select tried to assign an HVAC tech to repair a salt water Chlorinator - tech was not qualified, low rated, refused to answer calls or return vm's. I was promised a call in 24 hrs from the billing manager regarding a full refund - it has been 5 days and no calls.

I have filed with BBB, sent a demand letter via USPS, and have started completing papers for a lawsuit.

I would like to suggest everyone do the same. Select is fraudulent, incompetent, and untrustworthy.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: FILE A LAWSUIT, GO ELSEWHERE, DO NOT pay these people!!

Select Home Warranty's reply to: Deceptive Sales and Business Practices

All of the consumers claim determinations were made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced accordingly.
Deborah T Pip

Deceptive Sales and Business Practices

Updated by user Aug 31, 2023

I ended up cancelling my policy with this horrible company because of their immorality and uncaring attitudes towards customers. They were to prorate my premium and send me the difference.

When prorated it is also written in the VERY fine print that if you cancel you are to pay back any claims they paid out so essentially you never had insurance to begin with. It has been WEEKS and I haven't gotten my check yet.

Updated by user Aug 01, 2023

No They have proven over and over that they are immoral, have deceptive practices and don’t care at all about taking money with false sales tactics.

Original review Jul 31, 2023

I purchased a 3 year policy from SHW from Jake Hill (855) 267-**** x5050 jake@***.com

He promised the MOON!!! The reviews on this company show POSITIVE in most cases for SALES ONLY!

There is nothing positive about their claim process if something does go wrong. The sales person will even get you to extend your warranty period to reel you into even more money making you think you are getting such a great deal. DON'T FALL FOR IT!!! Go to Rip Off Report or any other complaint site and look for actual reviews on their service.

Themanagement continuously writes " The consumers claim determination was made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced accordingly" This phrase is on almost every single complaint as if cut and pasted. I can only say that they have cost me THOUSANDS of dollars and if I were to cancel to get their "prorated" refund I would get literally pennies because of hidden phrases and fine print in the contract. Please please don't be fooled by their cute sales tactics like I did.

. The manager I actually did get to speak to (HA is he really a manager?) by the name of James Wilson is very good at putting you off and continuously offering you $150 "in good faith" because I am not required to even offer that. He doesn't give 2 cents about us as customers. I honestly don't know how they continue to do this to people.

They will go through every excuse in the book to not service your appliance so they can offer you the $150...and if you get more than that you are lucky...but by contract they will only pay you $500 MAXIMUM even if your appliance is worth $4K. RUN AWAY! RUN!

RUN! RUN!

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!! AGAIN, RUN FAST!

Select Home Warranty's reply to: Status of Contract

The consumers warranty agreement was cancelled per their request back in April 2023 and their refund check was mailed out to the consumer in April 2023. If the consumer has any questions or concerns we advise to contact our billing department for further information.
Angelic M Lqy

| map-marker Old Town, Florida

Status of Contract

I was told my contract was cancelled and I want to know why. I also need an official notification in writing or email as my contract was paid up until December 2023.

Thank you. I called Select Home Warranty back today 07/24/2023 and spoke with Michael. He told me my contract was cancelled because I filed a complaint. I asked Michael what was I supposed to do when they wouldn't honor my contract.

I explained that I had been trying to get my heating/AC unit repaired or replaced since January. I know he didn't know what to say, so I asked him was a supervisor or anyone in management there. He explained that he could schedule a callback within 24 hours but couldn't give me a time. I asked him to tell whomever calls to leave a message and I will return the call as soon as I can.

He said he would put that into the notes. I thanked him and then we hung up.

User's recommendation: Do not pay any money to Select Home Warranty

Guest

Be GLAD they cancelled you! Be sure to get the promised prorated refund.

This company is a total SCAM and the only good reviews are for the actual SALES of the policy....Not one good review on a claim!!!!!

They will do anything to avoid doing the work or paying out to a contractor. RUN AWAY!!

Select Home Warranty's reply to: Denial of claim

Michelle C Cok

Denial of claim

Select Home Warranty - Denial of claim
Select Home Warranty - Denial of claim - Image 2

I purchased a policy in March, ive had other warranties for our home since weve lived here and built this house six years ago. I have always paid a co-pay.

Had the technicians come out and diagnose the problem and have had it resolved and fix with no problem. one was Cinch Services and I think the other was American home warranty. Ive also used Frigidaire for our stove items. Its always been successful.

I paid my co-pay they fix the problem. I decided to change to select home warranty because it was less expensive and my policy was covered and I got two free months and upon entering our first claim on a garbage disposal they denied me and said they would do a $75 pay out under the small print in there contract saying it was more cost effective for them to do that, my garbage disposal cost $180. We looked it up and thats not including labor because they refused to pay for installation. Ive spoken with six representatives, of course not in our country of the United States and Ive spoke to two people here in the United States, who couldnt even open up my policy, even though they were numbers that I had been given to contact.

They were more concerned of how I received their number here in the United States. I have no assistance here in the US I spoke with Rosemary in the Philippines whos with a customer loyalty program she has said that she wants to get back to me in 24 to 48 hours, I have been in tears because I think that this is wrong for them to do this to a customer. I have told him I want to cancel my policy and I want to reimbursement of the amount. We have already paid for eight months and she said shes gonna get back to me that we have platinum coverage so it should be covered .

Im awaiting their reply in response to my complaint. As you can see, we have platinum coverage and garbage disposal is listed under coverage.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Do not uphold a policy if it is not cost effective for them

Preferred solution: My garbage disposal fixed or replaced.

User's recommendation: If a customer is looking for a home warranty program, I would not recommend that you use. Select home warranty. They’re a scam.

Select Home Warranty's reply to: Failure to repair two of my appliances

Angelic M Lqy

| map-marker Old Town, Florida

Failure to repair two of my appliances

I requested a repairman to repair my heating and ac unit in January 2023 and as of this date, I was told that all they could give me was $150 but they sent me a check for $1.29. I thought it was a clerical error but then I was told that since I requested a refund that is what they owe me.

My contract isn't up until December 2023 and I paid over $1000 for 3 years which as I said earlier is not up until December 2023. I had also requested a repairman to repair my clothes dryer. They sent a man out from E. Clarke Electric and I paid him $60 a piece for both appliances but Select Home Warranty never sent him the work order.

He says. I don't really know who to believe. I also paid $60 to another company and they supposedly never received the work order neither.

I am out of $180 and nothing was repaired. If you are thinking of getting this company, think a again check with the Better Business Bureau.

User's recommendation: Don't Purchase Anything from Select Home Warranty

Phone:
(855) 267-3532
Contact Select Home Warranty Customer Service

Latest Question

If I have a one story home with two ACs, one cools front portion of house, the other the bedrooms ( as most desert homes have) will both be covered with your platinum policy?

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article