Show reviews that mention
service warranty claim home home warranty money repair policy customer contract
Filter review

What Their Customers Are Saying

?

All testimonials are provided and verified by Select Home Warranty. Verified testimonials on Pissed Consumer is a paid feature of the platform.

Salesman

Select Home Warranty
I am bad about names but, the salesman was very knowledgeable and customer oriented. I went with the 5 year plan and added another property. Time will tell if the company is as good as he claims,

Select Home warranty

Select Home Warranty
I received a call from your representative. He was very thorough in explaining your product. I asked several questions about competitors and he was able to explain all the differences. I was a bit skeptical, but he gave what I considered to be positive information on the coverage. I hope it is all he says! I gave a 3 in that area only because I don’t know yet.

New enrollment

Select Home Warranty
I was looking for a home warranty, have shop all companies but only found select home waranty has the best and affordable plans.

Horrible Scam!!!!

They do NOTHING absolutely nothing but collect your money and say they'll fix stuff! Nope, put you on hold after hold until the check clears! THESE PEOPLE should investigated for consumer fraud! TOTAL BS!

User's recommendation: FIND TRUE WARRANTY COMPANIES!

Full refund

Bad experience

All of the customers claim determinations were made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced accordingly.
Select Home Warranty Homeowners Policy Claim
Let the company propose a solution

This is the worst warranty company. They wanted a 75 year old woman to get a ladder and climb on the roof to take a picture of my air conditioner before they would pay my claim.

They were the ones that send out a repair service to check it out if they needed a picture they should have asked the repair man on the roof to take a picture. Not the first bad exper bad expDDI also had a bad experience wutg with

User's recommendation: Don't use the company, you'll be sorry.

Select Home Warranty's reply to:

The worst home warranty I have ever had

The consumer has already been reimbursed their approved $75 on 5/10/21 via check #127225. The consumer has been serviced accordingly.
Deliver product or service ordered

I have been waiting for 2 month for my claim check of $75.00

I have called 4 times the people do not know what they are doing

3 times I was told to call the claim specialist at 855-267-**** option 4

another time was told option 6

what a bunch of crap

User's recommendation: stay away! Select Home Warranty will not benefit you.

Cancellation/refund

The consumer has requested cancellation of services on 6/2/21. The consumers warranty agreement has been cancelled in accordance to section 13.2. The consumer will be contacted via email once their refund check has been mailed out.

Verified Reviewer

Cancel our plan Acct #111**** immediately as of June 1, 2021 and refund the remainder of our premium which equals 6 months, $350.00.

We will expect a refund by check within 14 business days.

Jim McKenney

22544 N Reinbold Dr

Maricopa AZ 85138

User's recommendation: Don’t waste your hard earned $. They only receive one star because there are no minus stars.

Select Home Warranty's reply to:

Unqualified Handyman Failed to Repair Plumbing - Claim Denied!

The consumers claim determination was made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced and refunded accordingly.
Product
Select Home Warranty Warranty
Preferred solution
I want SHW to pay what it cost me to have the plumbing repair made.

Verified Reviewer

Select Home Warranty is not a company that adds value, only hassle and frustration. I regret ever buying this warranty.

Duprees Handy Services (not a licensed plumber) was sent out by SHW to fix a plumbing leak. The handyman failed to fix the leak, became frustrated, and then disconnected/damaged my plumbing system. The leaks then required emergency repair. I paid a qualified plumber to repair the leaks, however SHW refused to reimburse me.

Instead, they relied on the opinion of their unqualified handyman that the plumbing system was improperly installed, and dismissed my claim.

When I canceled the policy (with 17 months remaining!) my refund was a grand total of $1.68! I do not recommend SHW to my friends, only to my enemies.

User's recommendation: If you like flushing money down the toilet, choose Select Home Warranty!

Questioning decision to not pay my claim on refrigerator

Select Home Warranty - Questioning decision to not pay my claim on refrigerator
Claim # 0169**** This claim was denied for payment due to an error is the description of what was wrong with the refrigerator. I have attached a copy of the service repair where the repairman explained what he did to repair the refrigerator. A drain inside the refrigerator was clogged. It was inside the refrigerator where he had to remove the back of the refrigerator to repair it. The reason your company gave for denying the claim does not match the repair ticket. Please review. Thank you for your time and attention. I was told to get someone to repair it and send the bill to you for payment, Carolyn Wilson 110 Reger Ave Swannanoa, NC 28778 Policy # 72780****
Black Mountain, North Carolina
Select Home Warranty's reply to:

The customers claim determination was made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced accordingly.
Preferred solution
I would like to get my pool repaired and one year's refund of my policy so I can go to a company that honors their agreement/policy without so many lies, and lack of service. I have lost almost $900 from prior and pending claims.

Verified Reviewer
Select Home Warranty - I ALL READY WROTE ONE REVIEW AND HAVE SEVERAL OTHER NEGATIVE OUTCOMES FOR MY CLAIMS

These company is the worst i've ever done business with and will never again. I've had 3 to 4 claims all nightmares, they have no companies to call in my area so you have to do the work for them, had company advise me they would not work with them, always want you to pay part of the $$$, they quote you chapters that indicate your claim doesn't qualify for coverage, they cover part of an appliance you thought was covered entirely.

They advise that parts the claim you making is not covered because you didn't pay for the part of a refrigerator or other appliance but no one from their company ever told you that they piece meal the appliances so when you make a claim turns out you didn't cover that part and have to pay additionally for additional coverage for the appliance you thought was wholly covered. No offense made, but most customer service agents are very hard to understand or they don't understand you. I made one claim which totalled $91 which they didn't cover and it didn't include the labor, now they are telling me that I have to pay for most of another claim. Todate I think we're close to $900 that I have or will have to pay out of pocket.

This company is a nightmare. All my claims have been disagreements and debates and, of course, I always lose. I paid for three years of coverage more like 3 years of misery, strain and stress. Latest claim is no different I'm so frustrated I could scream, as a 75 yr old Sr.Citizen i buy home warranty for cost effectiveness instead you get nothing but frustrations and hassles from this company.

Is there less then a zero rating for companies? This is certainly one if not the only one that should be rated as -0000.

User's recommendation: I MIGHT AS WELL HAVE BURNED THE MONEY I SPENT ON THIS POLICY/COVERAGE.

Select Home Warranty's reply to:

Don’t Even Think About UsingThis Company!!!!

Verified Reviewer

I will never do business with this company again it is the worst company I Have ever dealt with keep your money and find another company like AHS. My refrigerator broke and I was told that only part of it was covered thats not what I was told when I purchased the service and we got worse from there stay away from this company all theyll do is cheat you out of your money and stress you out they dont care about fixing your appliances they dont even have enough companies to cover what you supposedly paid to cover in your home And then you get the runaround very nasty comoany to deal withcompany to deal with

User's recommendation: I am complaining to the Better Business Bureau and anybody else who will listen I have several appliances that have had issues and I guarantee they will stress you to the max not wanting to pay or want you pay for part of no it.

Select Home Warranty's reply to:

Had leaking bathtub faucet. Repair man came out but did not fix it. Said part of the wall would have to be cut out to access the clean. Still leaking six months later.

ID
#2520649 Review #2520649 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Let the company propose a solution

Now my toilet is plugged up and will see what happens when I request service.Save money and pay for local service people.

Contact Select Home Warranty Customer Service

Phone:
(855) 267-3532
Contact Select Home Warranty Customer Service

Latest Question

Do you have to have all your appliances inspected once a year before Select will warrantee them

Select will warrantee them? I recently had an air-conditioner go out and select denied my claim because I hadn’t had it serviced this year so I was wondering if all the appliances like the washer dryer fridge Hot water heater...

Select Home Warranty's reply to:

According to our records the consumer never contacted our office to file a claim for their issues.
Select Home Warranty's reply to:

They Take your money & refuse to repair it's a scam

The customers claim determination has been made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced accordingly.
Deliver product or service ordered
Select Home Warranty - They Take your money & refuse to repair it's a scam

This is not accredited BBB business. Filed claim for washer repair.

I paid the service fee to repair they never call back you have to damn near chase them. My unit is only a year plus old. It turns on but no spinning. Repair person Clearly the part was bad because the service guy says after putting it on it shut down the computer to my unit.

Contact select he said Select offers $125 saying my washer is 13 yrs old. Yet a previous company placed it and it was built in 2017 so how is that possible.

Nov 2019 it was placed. Scam

User's recommendation: avoid select they put you thru *** & lie & 30day waits on claims that is not the agreement.

NOT A SATISFIED CUSTOMER

Select Home Warranty Claim
Pros
  • There are no pros
Cons
  • Anything about this claim process
  • Bad coverage and poor comunications
  • Im thinking i made a mistake
Preferred solution
I would like for other potential customers to know what type of business this is.

Verified Reviewer

Please do NOT spend your money with this "Home Warranty" company. As a new customer to Select Home Warranty I am very disappointed and upset that I spent my money purchasing a policy with this company.

This company has reimbursement issues, "hidden" probation periods of service, unexpected costs issues, misleading and lack of information when speaking with personnel, as well as poor communication when being transferred to different departments. In any "emergency" repair situation Select Home Warranty is NOT the company to call. Heaven forbid if there is a leak or plumbing issue in your home, you would have an entire swimming pool in your home before Select Home Warranty would send someone over to repair, IF they actually felt like taking the time out of their busy schedules to find a plumbing service nearest to you. Their "reimbursement" is a joke.

They will ask for invoices indicating the service that was performed (that you pay for AFTER you pay for the policy) and will give you a refund of only $150. If anyone wanted to pay $300 - $500 for a home repair, then a home warranty policy wouldn't be needed.

Long story short, I felt like I had been duped, and wish that I had read more reviews about Select Home Warranty company before I signed up with this circus. One pro to this company is that they have a *** of a sales team, because the person that sold me the policy did a great job of selling the paper that the policy documents were printed on, and an excellent job at concealing what a fraud Select Home Warranty company really is.

Select Home Warranty's reply to:

I have been waiting a month for repair

A technician has been dispatched to the consumers home for diagnosis. Once diagnosis is received a claim determination will be made.
ID
#2491952 Review #2491952 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
My clothes dryer fixed or refund me all my money I have paid from the day I purchased the warranty from Select Home Warranty

Verified Reviewer

I called Select Home Warranty on March 2, 2021 to place an order that my clothes dryer was broken it is still broken it has not been repaired and I have a big problem with that I pay you guys every month and I cant get my dryer fixed theres a problem no one is returning my car to tell me anything so someone needs to get in touch with me as soon as possible

User's recommendation: They sucks.

Select Home Warranty's reply to:

Control board failed on Propane furnace

The consumers claim determination was made in accordance to their warranty terms and conditions. They have been serviced accordingly.
Preferred solution
They need to pay the full cost of repair that I submitted to them.

Verified Reviewer

The system is 15 years old but their advertising said thats not a problems as long as it is in working order. The repairman stated the burner igniters were bad but system was old and probably going to fail.

In his reporting to SHW They stated that he said system was corroded. They will use anything to deny your claim and you would probably need an attorney call in your problem. Not good company! Select does not even read my responses!

They have their rejection words and just keep repeating them. The igniters had nothing to do with the system not firing, It was a control board and the tech stated to me that he told Select that info and the rust word was made on making his point that the system would probably continue to fail because of it life expectancy.

User's recommendation: Do not use this company! Has to be better and more honest companies in this business.

Very Poor Service - No Service at all

Full refund

Update by user Mar 31, 2021

Unable to add Pros, which there are none and Cons, which there are many

Original review posted by user Mar 31, 2021

Paid over $600 for the year. Called them on two occasions and they told used Air Conditioner yearly check was not covered after we had been told it was.

Called for Washing Machine leak. Told they had to come out and determine what was causing the leak. Service person came out and determined it was the Chlorine cup that leaked. He said he would order the part scheduled a return call.

We then got a call from Select telling us that part was not cover, we should look at our policy. How can you look at a policy when you don't even know what the cause is.

They charged us $60 for that service. Absolutely a rip off home warranty policy.

User's recommendation: Absolutely do not pay this company.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article