Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Select Home Warranty is a dishonest company.Please read the reviews before getting a policy with this home warranty company.

If I could give them no stars I definitely would. They do not even deserve 1 star. On July 5, 2017, my air conditioner stopped working (This took place between July 5, 2017 and July 19, 2017). July was the hottest month this summer with temperatures reaching over 100 degrees.

I contacted Select Home Warranty about my air conditioner and they said they would select a company to come out and repair this within 48 hours. I received an e-mail that stated D&D Mechanical Inc has received my work order and would contact me for an appointment. I did not receive a phone call for two days so I contacted them and left several messages. I never heard back from anyone with D&D Mechanical Inc.

I then looked up the company and read the reviews. They were just as bad as the reviews Select Home Warranty has received. I contacted Select Home and asked them to dispatch a new company for my claim. They said they would do that and I would receive an e-mail within 48 hours.

I then mentioned that I never received a call from D&D Mechanical Inc. They told me that it was my responsibility to contact them to schedule an appointment not the other way around. I read them the e-mail they sent me. They continued to say that I was wrong and it was my responsibility to contact them.

I encouraged them to re look at the e-mail so that they are not sending false information. A few days went by and I did not receive an e-mail about a new company being dispatched for my claim. I contacted Select Home again and was placed on hold for an hour. I decided to hang up and call them again.

I spoke with a customer service representative who said that a new company was never dispatched. I was pretty upset with this and asked to speak with a supervisor. I spoke with a supervisor and they informed me that I could find my own repair man and submit an invoice to Select Home which would then be reviewed and approved. I contacted 6 different companies and they all said they refuse to work with a home warranty company as those companies refuse to pay.

I contacted Select Home again and spoke with several people and they said that they would dispatch a new company. A few days went by and I had not heard anything so I called Select Home Warranty again. Once again they said that a new company was not dispatched. I demanded to speak with a supervisor.

I told him what I had been through and he promised that a company would be dispatched that night. I told him I was hesitant to believe him as this was not the first time someone had promised me that a company would be dispatched to repair my AC. He continued to promise me this would happen and he would contact me in the morning. The morning came and went; I did not receive a phone call from the supervisor.

I waited a few days and then called Select Home again. During this call I once again explained my situation and everything I had went through with the company. I told them about the supervisor that promised to call me. They looked over their records and told me that there were no notes about me talking with the supervisor two days prior.

Once again I was told this was going to be taken care, which it was not. I was completely done with Select Home at this point and told them that I wanted to cancel the policy (July 14, 2017). They said okay and told me that I could not cancel at that time and someone from the cancellation department would contact me on Monday to cancel the policy. What a shocker no one called!

On July 14, 2017 I contacted a different company (Esco- they are amazing!) and they came out to look at my AC that night. They figured out that the fan had broken and needed to be repaired. On July 15, 2017 the technician repaired my AC. I contacted Select Home on July 17, 2017 and told them I wanted to cancel the policy.

The person I spoke with asked me to send the invoice of the repair to her and it would be refunded. I thought this was great so I did. I was also asked for maintenance receipts and pictures of my unit which I sent in. I was then contacted and told that since I did not provide them with maintenance receipts for the time I had lived at the house (9 yrs) that the repair would not be fully refunded ($600) They did say that they would give me $150 for the repair and the check would be mailed to me within 30 days.

On July 18, 2017 I contacted Select Home and canceled my policy. At this time I was told I would be refunded $132 for the remaining months of my policy. They told me it would take 14 to 30 days to receive the check. On July 19, 2017 it broke again and the whole system had to be repaired.

Esco did a great job in replacing everything two days later. I spent the majority of July without AC thanks to Select Home Warranty. They do not care at all!! On August 18, 2017 I contacted Select Home in regards to my refund check (cancellation-$132) and claim refund ($150).

It had been 30 days since I cancelled the policy and had not received a refund check. I was told that I would not receive my refund for an additional 30 days. I was also told that even though I cancelled in July it takes 60 days before a refund check is sent out. In addition to this, I was told that the 60 day waiting period will not be counted towards the refund.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. I expect to get a refund from the day I cancelled. I should not have to pay two months of the policy after cancellation. Also, I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told no because they were all busy.

I have sent an e-mail requesting information on my refund checks, but have not heard back. I am really not expecting them to reply to me or care. Select Home Warranty is absolutely the worst company ever!!!! Please read the reviews before paying for a policy with them.

You will be lied to and repairs will not be made.

This is absolutely a waste of money.Sorry for the long review but you all need to know what this company is really about.

Review about: Select Home Warranty Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Not at all they are fraud, That i never have to deal with them again.

I didn't like: Deceptive practices, Fraudulent company.

Had an Experience with Select Home Warranty?

Comments